Monday, September 20, 2010

A Year to Remember

This year has been one of a kind. There have been so many changes it makes my head spin. Everything from moving in January to 240s in March, 240s to problems at work, work to all the experiences I have had in my personal life. I look back on it like it was a movie, like I didn't control the outcome of these past 10 months. It's insane to look back at the plans that were made and see how they changed, some circling back to original plans after many changes.

The rust free season may come to an end early this year. I wouldn't be surprised if I break my car at the last D-Faction event of the year on Oct. 1st. My tranny has always made a worrisome sound, but it seems worse since the last two events I attended. I honestly don't care if it goes on me. Only thing that would be unfortunate is how far away my garage is from the event. Way I see it, as long as I have a gear (preferably higher than first) I can get home, even if it takes me all night. Otherwise I will dish out cash for a tow. It wouldn't break my heart if the car misses the fall meet in Boston, although I will be sad since I love the cruise. If it does make it, it is going down until spring for a major renovation after the meet regardless if snow has fallen or not.

I am hoping to move back towards Central Connecticut. The whole West Haven jam isn't bad by any means, but everything I enjoy is a bit of a drive now. New Haven traffic is retarded and it generally takes me an extra 45 minutes to an hour longer to get home than it does to get to work. I-95 is a poorly designed highway that makes me cringe half the time I drive on it. I deal with, just don't like it.

Next year pending the job/school situation I hope to drive in every drift event I can. I was cleaning out my basement and found an old tow bar. The kind you bolt to the front of a car, and tow with all 4 wheels on the ground. I may sell the winter beater Subaru for a truck that is 4x4 and capable of towing my 240. Not the best setup, but if it gives me piece of mind when drifting out of state it is worth it. Only problem I can see is if I fuck up a suspension component rather than engine/tranny. Who knows, perhaps I will try and source a cheap trailer the 240 will fit on. I like the driection Tyler is going, I just hope he registers the car next year. It is too fun to drive everywhere to only drive on a track.

I hope to build my own computer soon, tired of my 4 year old POS that is obsolete and slow. I swear I will never buy a dell again and would deter anyone from them. I have reformatted it 3 times and if I do it again, it will be with the Windows 7 I buy for the new computer. Looking forward to it. I am going to order the components this week, hopefully be using it by the end of next weekend at the latest.

Not much else going on, everything seems to be stand still. Everything is pending something else out of my control... hate it when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment